Richard & Keenan,

Thanks for the feedback.  This is going to involve lots of relatively small
jobs, and Resque looks like it might be a better option to get the db out
of the request cycle as much as possible.

For now I think I'll extract the logic out into a logical work unit that's
both DJ and Resque friendly, and then play around with both of
them/get familiar w/ the internals and see how it goes.  I'm still torn on
whether the added complexity is worth it, or if I should just pitch the
idea and simply pay for more workers if life gets busy.

Thanks,
Carson