The m2 cache is stored across builds on Heroku.  So you need to destroy
that cache if it was corrupted or needs to be rebuilt.

Unfortunately there probably isn't a great way to do this.  You could
contact support to see if they can help.  Or you can fork/hack the
buildpack to do this.

Hope that helps.

-James