When running on your own machine, you were using an email provider
configured on your computer (BTW, on my development machine where I have
not configured an email provider, emails are not sent: they are displayed
in the console).

When on Heroku, you must connect to an email provider in order to send
emails. This is what the others are referring to when they tell you to
select a Heroku add-on. Sending emails is a service, and you must pay for
that service (in general, there may be exceptions to this requirement to
pay). You can pay any email provider to do this; however, the ones on the
Heroku add-ons page have provided an easy way for you to configure your
Heroku app to work with them. I personally use SendGrid, but I have no
experience with any of the others so that is not an endorsement.

On Wednesday, February 24, 2016 at 10:38:43 PM UTC-8, VIDYA SAGAR POGIRI
wrote:

> Hi I deployed one small app in heroku built on ROR , now i want to send
> mails .How is it possible can anyone give me a details how to do it thanks

---
"Heroku Community" group.
to heroku+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.