But remember, your free hours are at account level. If you run an app with
just a worker process then that will not idle but it will consume 720hrs
per month leaving you any remainder for your other apps and a much higher
risk of running out of hours entirely.

On Sun, 31 Dec 2017, 16:44 Christoph Alexander, <
cyberman.masterm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> OK, I found a solution.
>
> You can deplay a single github project to multiple Heroku apps. So now I
> have an app with the worker dyno, and an app with the web dyno - both get
> updates from the same repository, but they should sleep independently.
>

> On Sunday, 31 December 2017 11:24:19 UTC+1, Christoph Alexander wrote:
>>
>> I have read, and understand, that a Web Dyno will go to sleep after 30
>> minutes of inactivity. Once a new request comes in, it'll restart.
>> Fair enough.
>>
>> However, when the same app also has a Worker Dyno, which normally would
>> not go to sleep, it will be shutdown together with the Web Dyno.
>> I assume this is because normally, the Web Dyno exists only as interface
>> to the Worker Dyno.
>>
>> However, in my case these are two separate use-cases that simply share
>> the same files (apart from the one script that is started).
>>
>> Is there a way to keep the Worker Dyno alive, even if the Web Dyno goes
>> to sleep?
>>
>> I know I could "simply" move one of them to another project/app, but that
>> would kind of defeat the purpose of them using the same library. (Actually
>> a self-written JS/Node.js "module" where all the coding that is identical
>> in both cases is moved.)
>> I don't want to replicate a ton of files just so that two scripts can run
>> at the same time.
>>
>> Christoph

> ---
> "Heroku Community" group.