References were buggy in earlier versions of Hessian Flex, but should be fixed
now.  I need to check that the correct version is linked on the Hessian
website, but unfortunately I won't be back to do this until Friday due to
traveling.  At this point, we'll have a 4.0.0 release to coincide with the
current Resin/Hessian version.  The protocol did change between Resin 3.2.0 and
3.2.1, but the Hessian Flex/Flash 4.0.0 version will work fine with the Hessian
shipped in 3.2.1 and later.  I recommend using this newer version because it
has some really cool optimizations.

Thanks,
Emil