On Nov 29, 2006, at 9:23 PM, Emmanuel Bernard wrote:

Note that I hope the future spec will hopefully handle all cases nicely (ie add a targetElement in @Embedded), @MapKey should go to back the drawing board from a spec POV so we can think of something clean from the begining.

I'm for 2., because @javax.persistence.MapKey is really completely useless and has to be redesigned (looks like a legacy case that one of the EG members had and thought that it would be useful). So enhance @org.hibernate.annotations.MapKey and create a @Target that works for @Embedded.