Guys,

I’d like to request that everyone here pitch in and be a bit more aggressive about closing off useless JIRA issues. JIRA is absolutely no use to us if it is clogged up with thousands of issues that no-one is going to look at in the next two years!

Remember, JIRA is for *our benefit as developers*, it is *not* there to allow users to escalate problems they are having in the forum, or to give them an outlet for nagging/whinging. If an issue report is not serving a useful purpose for us (ie, we will actually get round to *fixing* the issue sometime in the next year) then it should be immediately closed. It is otherwise extremely difficult to get a handle upon what is the overall status of the project in terms of known bugs, and high priority new features.

There is a particular kind of user who thinks that every issue they report in JIRA deserves some kind of special personalized response from the Hibernate Team. This is *absolutely not the case*. JIRA is *not* a support portal, rather, it is our personal TODO list.

Thanks.

Gavin