I am not keen on this, because naming strategy is not "configuration".

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Emmanuel Bernard
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2005 4:38 AM
To: Hibernate development
Subject: [Hibernate] How about mapping processing related properties

So far we've avoided properties involving mapping processing.
Max wants to introduce a naming strategy property.

There are several issues:
1 - you can set properties before / after / in between properties
mapping => this is already the case for setNamingStrategy()
2 - who is going to win between a property and it's object
representation (ie setNS() vs setProperty("naming_strategy") vs
hibernate.cfg.xml)
3 - has to be a no-arg constructor

Are we ready to open Hibernate core to such subtle configuration errors,
or should I keep this in HEM?