Greetings,
I am in the process of migrating my project code base to Hibernate-3
and having quite trouble with the way hibernate-tool in Hibernate3
work's with the CustomUserType's defined. The version of hibernate
being used is 3.1.3 and hibernate-tools is 3.1.0.beta4

Working version (old):
In Hibernate2, on invocation of hbm2java the following property in my *.hbm.xml
        <property column="LAST_MODIFIED" length="11" name="lastModified"
            type="com.company.hibernate.usertypes.LastModifiedColumnType">
        </property>
gets converted to the following
    /** nullable persistent field */
    protected Date lastModified = new java.util.Date();
which was correct & all the interfaces with setters and getters were
written accordingly.
e.g: public void setLastModified(java.util.Date dt),
        public Date getLastModified();

NEW:
In Hibernate-3, on invocation of the new hibernate-tool that wraps
hbm2java, the same snippet from *.hbm.xml results
 protected LastModifiedColumnType lastModified = new java.util.Date();
and hence all the code base breaks on the compile step coz =>
found   : com.company.hibernate.usertypes.LastModifiedColumnType
required: java.util.Date

I have several other custom type's and I am not sure how this can be
fixed so that I can reuse my custom type(s). Is this a hibernate-tool
(hbm2java) bug in 3.1.0.beta-4 or is there a right way to accomplish
the same as in HIbernate-2.

Thanks for reading! Appreciate if any one can help.