Hi all,

Zheng just committed my patch for HIVE-1120, which upgrades ivy from 2.0 to 2.1
and refines the new "offline" mode for the Hive build.

After updating your sandbox with this patch, you'll need to delete your
IVY_HOME directory (typically ~/.ant unless you have set it explicitly),
otherwise you'll get errors the next time you try to run "ant package".  See
JIRA for an example of the error message.

Unfortunately, this will mean that ivy will have to re-download the big hadoop
dependencies on your next build, and as a number of people have reported
recently, this seems to be a little flaky currently.  This patch won't improve
that situation (since from what I've seen the flakiness comes from the source
repositories), but it shouldn't make it any worse, and once you get it and
successfully re-download, you should be able to add ANT_ARGS="-Doffline=true"
to your shell environment and successfully work disconnected after that.

For the flakiness, I'm going to take a look at ivysettings.xml to see if we can
improve the repository situation via mirroring.

JVS