This OR and AND are for use in select or condition..for example,

select (a OR B) as end_result_trur_or_false
from table
where id > 20;

What I'm looking for is,

select sum(amount)
from table
where id > 20 and
(a > 5  OR b < 10)

as you can see, I want to use OR in where condition...I could possibly use
UNION ALL to simulate the OR condition, but it is lot of writing
(duplicating the code) and also not efficient from performance perspective
as the table will be scanned multiple times for each select of the union...

hope this helps to clarify what kind of OR I'm looking for....

*thanks, ronak*
*
*
*408 504 4847*