+1 from me.

JVS

On Aug 25, 2010, at 9:09 AM, Alex Baranau wrote:

Hello guys,

Over at http://search-hadoop.com<http://search-hadoop.com/> we index Hive
subprojects mailing lists, wiki, web site,
source code, javadoc, jira...

Would the community be interested in a patch that replaces the Google-powered
search with that from search-hadoop.com<http://search-hadoop.com/>, set to
search only Hive project by
default?

We look into adding this search service for all Hadoop's sub-projects.

Assuming people are for this, any suggestions for how the search should
function by default or any specific instructions for how the search box  should
be modified would be great!

Thank you,
Alex Baranau.

P.S. HBase community already accepted our proposal (please refer to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-2886) and new version (0.90) will
include new search box. Also the patch is available for TIKA (we are in the
process of discussing some details now):
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-488. Hive's site looks much like
Avro's for which we also created patch recently
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-626).