On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 6:52 AM, lei liu <liulei...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I use hive0.6 ,I want to create index on one table, how can I do ti?

Lei Liu,

AFAIK indexes are one of those "fringe features". I am not sure if it
is complete yet.

At this point the best way to understand these new features is to find
a|the Jira for it on issues.apache.org, and subscribe yourself to the
hive-dev list. Usually you can muddle through the test cases .q files
and figure out how they work.

Let me point out. I notice you have several one sentence "How do I do
this X" type of emails from you to the list. You are not going to get
much help that way. First, it is hard for people to understand exactly
what you are asking. Try writing at least a paragraph to describe your
issue. Secondly, it seems like you have researched the task you want
to accomplish, and most people do not want to help someone that has
not "GOOGLED IT" yet.

In general if you have a hive issue.

Go to issues.apache.org
search "hive index"