Thanks for the response, Edward.

The source table (hourly_fact) is partitioned on dt (date) and hr (hour),
and I've confirmed that they are both String fields (CREATE stmt is below).

The hourly_fact table contains 'number of requests' for each hour by a few
dimensions.  The query is just trying to get a daily aggregation across
those same dimensions.  The only trick is that the hourly_fact table has dt
and hour in UTC time.  And the daily aggregation is being done for a PST
(pacific std) day, hence the 7 hour offset.

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS hourly_fact (
  tagtype               STRING,
  country               STRING,
  company               INT,
  request_keyword       STRING,