From: The True Religion

Khadijah 'Sue' Watson - Former pastor, missionary,
professor. Master's degree in Divinity

“What happened to you?” This was usually the first
reaction I encountered when my former classmates,
friends and co-pastors saw me after having embraced
Islam. I suppose I couldn’t blame them, I was a highly
unlikely the person to change religions. Formerly, I
was a professor, pastor, church planter and
missionary. If anyone was a radical fundamentalist it
was I.

I had just graduated with my Master’s Degree of
Divinity from an elite seminary five months before. It
was after that time I met a lady who had worked in
Saudi Arabia and had embraced Islam. Of course I asked
her about the treatment of women in Islam. I was
shocked at her answer, it wasn’t what I expected so I
proceeded to ask other questions relating to Allah and
Muhammad (pbuh). She informed me that she would take
me to the Islamic Center where they would be better
able to answer my questions.

Being prayed up, meaning-asking Jesus for protection
against demon spirits seeing that what we had been
taught about Islam is that it is Demonic and Satanic
religion. Having taught Evangelism I was quite shocked
at their approach, it was direct and straightforward.
No intimidation, no harassment, no psychological
manipulation, no subliminal influence! None of this,
“let’s have a Qur’aanic study in your house”, like a
counter part of the Bible study. I couldn’t believe
it! They gave me some books and told me if I had some
questions they were available to answer them in the
office. That night I read all of the books they gave.
It was the first time I had ever read a book about
Islam written by a Muslim, we had studied and read
books about Islam only written by Christians. The next
day I spent three hours at the office asking
questions. This went on everyday for a week, by which
time I had read twelve books and knew why Muslims are
the hardest people in the world to conver t to
Christianity. Why? Because there is nothing to offer
them!! (In Islam) There is a relationship with Allah,
forgiveness of sins, salvation and promise of Eternal
Life.

Naturally, my first question centered on the deity of
Allah. Who is this Allah that the Muslims worship? We
had been taught as Christians that this is another
god, a false god. When in fact He is the
Omniscient-All Knowing, Omnipotent-All Powerful, and
Omnipresent-All Present God. The One and Only without
co-partners or co-equal. It is interesting to note
that there were bishops during the first three hundred
years of the Church that were teaching as the Muslim
beli eves that Jesus (pbuh) was a prophet and
teacher!! It was only after the conversion of Emperor
Constantine that he was the one to call and introduce
the doctrine of the Trinity. He a convert to
Christianity who knew nothing of this religion
introduced a paganistic concept that goes back to
Babylonian times. Because the space does not permit me
to go into detail about the subject insha’Allah,
another time. Only I must point out that the word
TRINITY is not found in the Bible in any of its many
translation nor is it found in the original Greek or
Hebrew languages!

My other important question centered on Muhammad
(pbuh). Who is this Muhammad? I found out that Muslims
do not pray to him like the Christians pray to Jesus.
He is not an intermediary and in fact it is forbidden
to pray to him. We ask blessing upon him at the end of
our prayer but likewise we ask blessings on Abraham.
He is a Prophet and a Messenger, the final and last
Prophet. In fact, until now, one thousand four hundred
and eighteen years (1,418) later there has been no
prophet after him. His message is for All Mankind as
opposed to the message of Jesus or Moses (peace be
upon them both) which was sent to the Jews. “Hear O
Israel” But the message is the same message of Allah.
“The Lord Your God is One God and you shall have no
other gods before Me.”(Mark 12:29).

Because prayer was a very important part of my
Christian life I was both interested and curious to
know what the
Muslims were praying. As Christians we were as
ignorant on this aspect of Muslim belief as on the
other aspects.
We thought and were taught, that the Muslims were
bowing down to the Ka’bah (in Mecca), that that was
there
god and center point of this false deity. Again, I was
shocked to learn that the manner of prayer is
prescribed by
God, Himself. The words of the prayer are one of
praise and exaltation. The approach to prayer
(ablution or
washing) in cleanliness is under the direction of
Allah. He is a Holy God and it is not for us to
approach Him in an
arbitrary manner but only reasonable that He should
tell us how we should approach Him.

At the end of that week after having spent eight (8)
years of formal theological studies I knew cognitively
(head
knowledge) that Islam was true. But I did not embrace
Islam at that time because I did not believe it in my
heart.
I continued to pray, to read the Bible, to attend
lectures at the Islamic Center. I was in earnest
asking and
seeking God’s direction. It is not easy to change your
religion. I did not want to loose my salvation if
there was
salvation to loose. I continued to be shocked and
amazed at what I was learning because it was not what
I was
taught that Islam believed. In my Master’s level, the
professor I had was respected as an authority on Islam
yet
his teaching and that of Christianity in general is
full of Misunderstanding. He and many Christians like
him are
sincere but they are sincerely wrong.

Two months later after having once again prayed
seeking God’s direction, I felt something drop into my
being! I sat
up, and it was the first time I was to use the name of
Allah, and I said, “Allah, I believe you are the One
and Only
True God.” There was peace that descended upon me and
from that day four years ago until now I have never
regretted embracing Islam. This decision did not come
without trial. I was fired from my job as I was
teaching in
two Bible Colleges at that time , ostracized by my
former classmates, professors and co-pastors, disowned
by my
husband’s family, misunderstood by my adult children
and made a suspicion by my own government. Without the
faith that enables man to stand up to Satanic forces I
would not ha ve been able to withstand all of this. I
am
ever so grateful to Allah that I am a Muslim and may I
live and die a Muslim.

“Truly, my prayer, my service of sacrifice, my life
and my death are all for God the Cherisher of the
Worlds. No
partner has He, this I am commanded. And I am the
first of those who bow to Allah in Islam.”
(Holy Qur’aan 6:162-163)

Sister Khadijah Watson

Sister Khadijah Watson is presently working as a
teacher for women in one of the Da'wah (Invitation)
Centers in
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia