assalamu'alaikum..
selamat menyambut maal hijrah.
satu topik yang perlu diberi perhatian.
mereka berbicara pasal perpecahan melayu yang kononnya amat teruk.
lalu diajak supaya melayu bersatu.
keikhlasan tidak sedikitpun tersipu.
yang ada ugutan demi ugutan.
tipuan demi tipuan.
segala aparatus disalahgunakan.
pesan Rasulullah saw bukan jadi pegangan
"jika berlaku perselisihan di kalangan umatku hendaklah kembali kepada
Al-Qur'an dan sunnahku.."
dan masih ramai lagi umat yang belum sedar...
melayu lebih penting dari islam..
masya Allah!
kerana melayulah kita di sini dan begini di negara sendiri hari ini...
dengan Islam kita pasti lebih hebat merdeka disegani digeruni
bermaruah dan berdaulat
tidak mudah dicabar "kalau berani seranglah ....."
sehingga hari ini tiada melayu yang menjawab cabaran itu...

hudud tidak akan terlaksana kerana berpadunya melayu.
hudud bukan milik melayu.
Islam tidak akan terlaksana kerana berpadunya melayu.
Islam bukan milik melayu.
sebagaimana Islam bukan milik Pas.
ia juga bukan milik umno.
??????

"wama indaka yanfadu, wama indallahibaqa"

Submission by: Tavis Adibudeen ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Topic:             Brotherhood of Enemies

Text:

With Allah's Name, the Merciful Benefactor, the Merciful Redeemer

Brotherhood of Enemies:
The Ummah's War Against Itself

All praise and thanks is due to Allah Who says in His divine Message, al-Qur'an:
"If a man kills a believer intentionally, his recompense is Hell, to abide therein (For ever): And the wrath and the curse of Allah are upon him, and a dreadful penalty is prepared for him."
The pages of the history of the Ummah are unfortunately stained with blood.  Like all other civilizations, Islamic civilization has been faced with opposition that often required military force to suppress it.  Over the past two, centuries, however, our Ummah has been plagued with internal conflict.  Muslims are more likely and often times more eager to pick up arms to fight one another than they are to fight against non-Muslims.

At the heart of Islam is a message of tolerance, peace, reconciliation, and mutual enjoining of good.  During the lifetime of Prophet Muhammad, upon whom be eternal peace and blessings, he and his followers resisted oppression peacefully for as long as they could.  They tried peacefully spreading the message of al-Islam.  They invited people to give up idol worship and to turn towards the worship of the one G-d, Allah.

They were met with hostile opposition and were forced to defend themselves.  When the fighting was over, they sought reconciliation, signed a treaty, and eventually were able to capture all of Arabia through the hearts of its people.  They peacefully invited people to al-Islam, and the people peacefully accepted.  Al-Islam is founded on peace.  The root of the word itself means peace.  Under the early Islamic state, other religions enjoyed just living conditions and fair rights for their people.  Islam tolerates other religions and their people.

It is therefore surprising and appalling that a religion deeply rooted in peace and tolerance today has followers who are embarrassingly intolerant.  It is further enigmatic that their intolerance is mostly directed towards each other rather than outside religions.  On the small scale, Muslims have difficulty agreeing on simple issues and are unable to form alliances that benefit the growth and well-being of our communities.  On the global level, Muslims are literally at war with each other.  Each side claims righteousness while brutally attacking the other side usually for political rather than religion reasons.

Civil war among Muslims dates back to the earliest years of the khilafa after the demise of the Prophet (saaws), when Umm-al-Mu'mineen Ayesha, Talha, al-Zubayr, and other notable companions rose up to attack Amir-al-Mu'mineen Ali ibn Abu Talib in the Battle of the Camel claiming to be avenging the death of the caliph Uthman ibn Affan.  Over the years, battles such as this continued.  Nevertheless, the Ummah stayed relatively unified in that outside enemies were not befriended and the problems of the Ummah were usually solved within the Ummah.  On the community level, Muslims continued to flourish despite the political problems. They built universities, mosques, libraries, medical institutions, and scientific research laboratories.  The legacy left by Islamic Spain (al-Andalus), Timbuktu, the Fatimid dynasty, and other establishments testifies to the resilience of the Muslim people of that time.

In the late 1800s and early 1900s, a change began to take place.  For the first time, Muslim forces began allying with non-Muslim forces to attack other Muslims on a large scale.  Although small scale expiditions had taken place prior to this period, this was the first massive assault of its kind.  The Ottoman Empire, already fragile, was noticeably the interest of European powers.  For years they had dreamed of taking over the Islamic state and tapping into its vast resources.  They had been largely unsuccessful.  Through manipulation and "divide and conquer" tactics, they finally accomplished their goals.

The Ottoman Empire fell.  Installed in its place were various nation states, each with their own agendas.  Most notably among these nation states was the British-supported Saud family that later became the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.  This group was instrumental in bringing down the remnants of the Islamic state, much to the delight of its non-Muslim enemies.

Over the next century, the nation states that were successfully established in Africa, the middle east, and Asia were pitted against each other again and again.  Gradually, the once rich Islamic empire became a region of third world countries.  The fighting continued even until modern times with Iraq vs. Iran, the civil war in Afghanistan, and others.

It is easy for Muslims today to choose sides, to align themselves with one group and claim its legitimacy against the other group.  Such is the case particularly with the Taliban in Afghanistan that has become almost heroic for many Muslims all over the world.  Whether this heroism is due to their attempts at establishing Sharia (Islamic law) or their alleged protection of Osama bin Laden is unclear.  What is clear is that when the Soviet Union attacked Afghanistan, it was Ahmad Shah Masood and his supporters who were the heroes successfully driving the Soviets out of Afghanistan.  Now these one-time heroes are the opposition force fighting against the new heroes: the Taliban.  Can Muslims truly objectively take sides in such a matter?

On the political level, none of us should give loyalty to any "Muslim" country.  Our loyalty should first be to Islam.  Nevertheless, Muslims seemed compelled to choose sides in these internal conflicts.  The fact is, however, that all of us are the losers in the end.  When the guns are laid down, when the blood is dried, when the tanks are abandoned, when the cries are no longer heard, each and every Muslim will suffer.  Should we be wasting our time voicing our support for political groups, or should we instead send our assistance to the children who are starving in Iraq, Ethiopia, and Afghanistan.  Our Islamic obligations are not towards any group or nation.  Our primary obligations are towards the welfare of our people.

The Muslim Ummah has essentially become a brotherhood of enemies.  On the micro level, we have opportunities to establish businesses, educational institutions, information centers, etc., but we are blinded by our prejudices and choose to remain disunited.  Many of our problems can be solved by forming alliances on these micro levels where the people can truly make a difference.  Education of our youth should be one of our top priorities if we are to eventually raise the Ummah from its own ashes.  Islamic education programs should be supported all across the globe by the Muslims who can afford to give.

It is no wonder that Jerusalem is occupied by a Zionist regime when Muslims cannot even agree on simple issues in our own communities.  It is not uncommon for one masjid in a city to have hostile relations with another masjid in the same city.  The people rarely come together because of their trivial differences.  When will we return to the peace and tolerance that al-Islam enjoins?  When will we cast aside our petty differences and bring our resources to the table to make changes in our daily lives?  When will we stop looking to outside sources to solve our own problems?  When will we be the ones to take responsibility for the education and future of our children?  When will we make this Ummah One Ummah?  Time is running out...

One Ummah Network
"And verily, this Ummah of yours is One Ummah, and I am your Lord; therefore fear only Me." (Qur'an 23:52)

E-mail: ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Online Islamic Library: (http://www.1ummah.net
Free E-mail Service: (http://mail.1ummah.net)
Subscribe/Unsubscribe: e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] with subscribe or unsubscribe as subject.
Submissions: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The views expressed on One Ummah Information do not necessarily coincide with the views of One Ummah Network, with the Islamic Unification Movement, or its supporters. All the works presented by this service are properties of their authors unless otherwise stated.  This list is moderated, and One Ummah Network reserves the right to reject any submissions.

Kirim email ke