Does this happen with CS?

I believe this is because TFC doesn't support the new VGUI2 style text
printing interface and the old interface had a weird timing dependency
on setting text colours. The change to the VGUI2 font printing (required
for Asiatic languages and for higher screen resolutions) removed this
timing requirement but may have made mods running with the old interface
sensitive to incorrect colors.

We don't have a timetable for updating TFC of HLDM at this time, I will
have a look if there is another solution.

For other mods you should always call gEngfuncs.pfnDrawSetTextColor()
before doing any engine string printing.

- Alfred