> I just want to do a quick straw poll of how many people on this list
> DON'T have access to MSVC.NET or above for their MOD development (we
> hope to only release MSVC.NET project files with the SDK)?
>
> - Alfred

Alfred, I'd rather see you guys release the SDK as soon as possible, even if
it only contains MSVC.NET project files.  I'd hate to see the SDK delayed in
order to support older environments.  If there are really that many people
that use VC6 or whatever, there will be at least someone who does a
conversion in order to make it work with VC6 (as long as there isn't
anything else that requires MSVC.NET) and release a download link for it.  I
wouldn't be surprised if there was even an open-source group formed for
this.

Seriously though, just release it the most efficient way you can, the older
dev community will adapt as it has all along.  There are also update
releases you can do that can include support for older environments. I'd
just like to see the dev community having the ability to start working with
the new SDK ASAP.  There have been many projects sitting on hold for too
many years waiting for the HL2 delivery promise to be fulfilled.  With the
holiday season approaching, many developers will have some extra holiday
time to spend coding.  So, let's not waste that.

- HoundDawg