Have a look in gamemovement.cpp, around line 570 is has:
if ( !m_bSpeedCropped && ( mv->m_nButtons & IN_SPEED ) && !(
player->m_Local.m_bDucked && !player->m_Local.m_bDucking ))
{
        float frac = 1.0f;
        .... etc
}

Try changing that frac to your slowdown rate. I used 0.5f, it was fun.

Teddy
http://dystopia-mod.com/