An even easier workaround is to create a shortcut to the mod, and edit
the -game path. Change the "program files" in the -game path to
"progra~1" and it should work.

Example:

"C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 220 -game "C:\program
files\steam\SteamApps\SourceMods\dystopia"

"C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 220 -game
"C:\progra~1\steam\SteamApps\SourceMods\dystopia"