This is certainly a promising step - thanks all.

However, can you explain what exactly this fixes?  Is this supposed to fix the
classic Physical Mayhem Bug, or does this fix something to do with
scripts/propdata_cs.txt, which is presumably irrelevant to the generic HL2DM
Physical Mayhem Bug?  Also does "I was able to repro the bug with those
changes" mean Valve has -only- repro'd the bug with those changes?  Ie, has
Valve never repro'd the bug in plain HL2DM?

I applied the patch and loaded up dm_steamlab.  Within about 5 minutes, Physics
bugs started occurring, but behaviorally it's not the same as the classic
Physical Mayhem Bug.  Now items do not fall infinitely out of the world, and
cpu usage is not 100% as it normally would be during the Physical Mayhem Bug.
However the warping and repeat-bouncing is still occurring.

This seems to be an improvement at least, but it's not a whole fix.  It's still
very difficult to play while this is occurring.  I'm going to leave it running
on dm_steamlab to see if it crashes or if the crasher aspect has gone away.

Has anyone else tried Jay's patch?

-bk