I know Visual Basic and am currently being self-taught C++ and Source. I could
not help with the code yet, but I would be willing to donate bandwidth and
server space as well as a subdomain to anyone interested in starting a
community mod. I would really like to see this happen.First responsible person
to email me gets the deal.> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> Subject: Re: [hlcoders]
Open Source Mods (again)> To: hlcoders@list.valvesoftware.com> Date: Sat, 13
Jan 2007 14:44:36 -0800> > Yeah, like the ZHLT tools - you can download the>
source code mess around with it, and then submit any> changes to the person
that maintains the tools - look> at http://www.zhlt.info to see how many
programmers> have in fact worked on the tools.> > Adam> > > --- Nate Nichols
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:> > > I don't know it for a fact, but my guess is
that> > these mods are> > open-source in the sense that the smallish group of>
> modders would show> > you the code they wrote if you asked, or they would> >
post small> > interesting bits as tutorials or examples.  It's not> >
open-source in> > the sense that it's a large community of coders> > submitting
diffs and> > bugfixes back into a large central repository.> > That's my hunch>
> anyway.> >> > Nate> >> > On 13/01/07, Nikolaos Tzimoulis> > <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]> wrote:> > > Err... sorry to be bothering you again with this> >
matter.> > >> > > I've been doing a bit researching about the open> > source
mods you> > > mentioned. I could find their releases and their> > source code
but I> > > couldn't understand how they did their open-source> > development.
I> > > didn't find them registered to any sites like> > sourceforge.net and I>
> > didn't find any other means by which one can> > submit code to the> > >
project. Am I missing something here?> > >> > > Also, it seems that they're
using the whole> > altered SDK rather than> > > just diff files. I guess that's
all right, then?> > >> > >> > > Nicholas> > >> > >> >>