Exactly how much more load does USE_HITBOXES put on the server, say
for a 16 player with a similar amout of raycasts as counterstrike (for
example)?

I've found it gives much more accurate reg on player's extremities,
but i wonder at what cost?  Would it be cheaper to make an exagerated
bbox using USE_SPECIFIED_BOUNDS (considering all the extra ray casts
that may collide)?