You need to fix the custom build steps. Right-click on the Client and
Server items in the explorer and navigate to Config Properties > Custom
Build Step. Then add quote marks to the start and end of the Outputs field.

This worked when I started my current project in VC2008 Express.

Adam Buckland wrote:
Hi Guys,

I've been trying to compile the Single player OB code, and whenever I try to
compile the code I get the output below. I've changed the output directory
to the correct folder, and the "Copying to destination folder" build step is
present. The entire SourceMods folder has become read only, and even though
I've tried to unset read-only, explorer says that it's done it, when
actually it hasn't. I've even tried attrib via the command line as well, but
to no avail.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in Advance

Output:
1>------ Build started: Project: Client (HL2), Configuration: Release Win32
------
1>Client (HL2) : error PRJ0007 : Could not create output directory
'c:\program
files\steam\steamapps\sourcemods\testmod\bin\client.dll;c:\program
files\steam\steamapps\sourcemods\testmod\bin'.
1>Copying to destination folder
1>The file cannot be copied onto itself.
1>        0 file(s) copied.
1>Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Copying to
destination folder"
1>Build log was saved at
"file://c:\TestMod\src\game\client\Release_hl2\BuildLog.htm"
1>Client (HL2) - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 1 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========