Thing is I've always been able to get all the work done in a timely
manner on my own.

Also there's not enough competent source engine programmers to go
around. A lot of well thought out and well made mods fail because they
just could not get a coder. I just see it as pointless for a mod to
have several coders it doesn't need when there are mods that have a
great team just no coder.