if I remember correctly, this is something that's been around for ages,
since you cannot modify the underlying code.
what you need to do is make your materials use normal lightmappedgeneric
before you run vrad.
then you can switch htem back to your custom shader after it finishes.

I used to have a perl script that did this for another project, but I don't
have it here.
-Tony

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 11:31 AM, Marek Sieradzki <marek.sierad...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> From bspflags.h:
>
> #define SURF_NOLIGHT    0x0400  // Don't calculate light
> #define SURF_BUMPLIGHT  0x0800  // calculate three lightmaps for the
> surface for bumpmapping
>
> vbsp/textures.cpp - FindMiptex checks if material should have
> lightmaps and saves that as flag. vrad won't generate lightmaps for
> brushes that are flagged as SURF_NOLIGHT. Possible solution is to
> check for shader name (default check is done in materialsystem.dll
> which we can't modify) in vbsp and distribute modified vbsp to
> mappers.

-Tony