Nobody got any ideas on this? Pretty stumped here...

From: james.march...@live.com
To: hlcoders@list.valvesoftware.com
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2013 15:30:01 +0100
Subject: [hlcoders] Fullbright or similar in render target pass

Hello there. I'm looking at making a camcorder type effect on a v_model where
I'm using render targets much like the func_monitors do in HL2 to project the
screen onto the camera's LCD screen. However, because the camera needs a night
vision effect on its screen, I was wondering how to render a light specifically
and only during the camera's render target pass. Considering the level is
pretty much pitch black, I was thinking of using a large dynamic light that's
killed on the normal render pass after, but it produces very strange results.
It can also bleed into the normal render pass so the level gets illuminated
when not looking at the camera screen.
Hope I've explained myself well. Anyone got any ideas? Much appreciated!
James