The two library files are specific to their compiler versions. I'll get the
2010 into Github, but for now you can grab one version back of the file in lib
public. That is the old "default" lib, which was 2010.

On May 18, 2014 10:40 AM, Krzysztof Lesiak <wave....@hotmail.com> wrote:
If the linker complains about anything, it’s almost always the case that it
can’t find a required file.
You should be able compile after manually placing the file in the required
directory, though. Do you have the additional library paths set up correctly?
(in properties -> linker -> additional library directories)

Krzysztof

From: Jan Hartung<mailto:jan.hart...@gmx.de>
Sent: ‎Sunday‎, ‎18‎ ‎May‎, ‎2014 ‎19‎:‎07
To: hlcoders@list.valvesoftware.com<mailto:hlcoders@list.valvesoftware.com>

Hi list,

I merged all latest changes to our project in order to prepare for the 22 May
update. We’re still using VS 2010, so I re-created all project and solution
files with the /2010 switch. Now the project cannot be built anymore, as it
depends on the file lib\public\2010\libprotobuf.lib which is missing from Git.
Additionally, it doesn’t help to just create that directory and copy the
libprotobuf.lib from lib\public to it. In this case the linker complains about
a bunch of unresolved external symbols. Am I doing something wrong here, or is
the correct file actually missing?

Jan