To: hlcoders@list.valvesoftware.com
From: wave....@hotmail.com
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 22:43:14 +0200
Subject: [hlcoders] HUD animations in paused state

Hello,

I’ve got a problem with HUD animations, namely that they’re not played after I
issue the “pause“ command.
My vgui setup looks like this:
On top of my hierarchy I’ve got my “ScanInfoPanel“ parented to the one you can
retrieve with PANEL_INGAMESCREENS during startup. It has ist own animation
controller, because I need to play animations when the HUD is
deactivated/invisible. The only other child is a HUDElement (EditablePanel with
a RichText child), because I need HUD messages to trigger my desired behavior
(show some text based on a localization token).
Now, the problem is that the animation starts and then stops as soon as I
execute the pause command, which is immediately after my StartAnimationSequence
call, even though my parent panel is visible, thinking and I’m calling
UpdateAnimations inside that method.
Do you have any idea why this is happening?

Greetings,
Krzysztof