Hello,

I am writing a program which allows starting source games with different
profiles (= launch options + custom + config.cfg + (game specific configs)
+ registry settings)

I noticed that the config.cfg paths are somewhat fragmented as of late:

hl2: ...\userdata\<uid>\220\remote\cfg\config.cfg
css: ...\userdata\<uid>\240\remote\cfg\config.cfg
tf2: ...\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\cfg\config.cfg
l4d: ...\userdata\<uid>\500\remote\cfg\config.cfg
l4d2: ...\userdata\<uid>\550\remote\cfg\config.cfg
csgo: ...\userdata\<uid>\730\local\cfg\config.cfg

I understand the need to have per-user configs, but I can't see why one
uses both local and remote.
Are there any plans to unify these paths in the future?

Also the program relies heavily on the game_path\custom folder. It has been
introduced with steampipe, however It has been removed in csgo & dota 2
though.

To be fair, csgo & dota 2 usually aren't as customized as tf2 for example,
but will the custom folder be removed in other source games in the future
aswell in favor of the workshop?

The custom folder is amazing for user customization and it'd be a shame to
see that one going because it was a great idea and makes managing
skins/plugins/configs/huds/hitsounds a lot easier.