We have a beta version of the Counter-Strike Server and a new version of
HLTV we'd like to begin testing.

Issues we have addressed with this version...

Counter-strike:
- Fixed server crash/lockup when using radio commands.
- Win32 HLTV proxy will authenticate properly now.
- Fixed spectator exploit.
- Fixed infinite team switch exploit.

HLTV:
- Commentator chat as centerprint.
- Remove % from names and chat text.
- Proxy handles paused games correctly (no 1 second loops).
- Proxy broadcasts now password protectable (clientpassword).
- Fixed recording demos on proxy after first changelevel.
- Fixed 2 printf issues (in logfile and commentator name).
- Added client command 'joingame'. Feature must be enabled on proxy with
'allowJoinGame 1'.
- Added client command 'status'. shows game server IP, number of spectators
and an info text (set in proxy console with 'infotext "my hltv info text"')
- Added command line parameter '-ip' to specify the in_address for
multihomed proxies
- Fixed 'Local IP' was shown as 127.0.0.1 bug
- Fixed 'Host_Error:UserMsg:Not Present On Client 76' bug. ('connection
attempt failed')
- Fixed wrong TE_TEXTMESSAGE parsing for svc_temp_entity, caused crashs with
AdminMod etc.

These new versions of the Counter-Strike beta server and HLTV are available
for you to download via
our ftp site:

  ftp: ftp.valvesoftware.com
login: hlserver
 pass: hlserver

Windows
=======
filename: /Beta/Win32/hlds4108a_beta.exe
  md5sum: 1938ba0b998521807ed47b474c4db4d8
files that are replaced: hltv.exe, hltv.cfg, HLTV-Readme.txt,
/cstrike/dlls/mp.dll

Linux
=====
filename: /Beta/Linux/hlds_l_3108a_upgrade.tar.gz
  md5sum: c39a385ff62c917afec31d5b242bc29e
files that are replaced:
hlds_l/3108a_changes.txt
hlds_l/HLTV-Readme.txt
hlds_l/hltv
hlds_l/hltv.cfg
hlds_l/cstrike/dlls/cs_i386.so

These two installers are designed for an HLServer installation, but if you
are running Half-Life or Counter-Strike Retail just point the installer to
your /half-life/ or /counter-strike/ directory.

All you need to do is download the appropriate file(s) and replace your old
one(s).  It's always a good idea to back-up your old versions first.
Clients using Counter-Strike 1.3 should not have any problems connecting to
your server.  If you have any questions, please let me know
(mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]).

Thanks.

Eric Smith
Valve Software