Oh my... the current hldsupdate tool has no support for DOD:S...

Checking bootstrapper version ...
Updating Installation
** 'game' options for Source DS Install:

        "Counter-Strike Source"
        "hl2mp"

** 'game' options for HL1 DS Install:

        "cstrike"
        "czero"
        "dmc"
        "dod"
        "gearbox"
        "ricochet"
        "tfc"
        "valve"

-----

vALVE will release DOD:S when vALVE is good and ready.
No doubt they are busting butts trying to ready the release right now
and have no time to responde to negative sounding demands for status
updates.
The official release time remains 3:00 PM Pacific time today.

"Leaked code" has a major delaying effect on any game since the suits
and lawyers become involved.
Hopefully no such delays will transpire today cuz me wanna grab a
Thompson and go on a pwnage streak! (unfortunately it will be me who
gets the "pwnage treatment"..)

2 hours and counting...