The german Version of the box didnot even show the whole content cause it
didnt fit in there.

----- Original Message -----
From: "George "Devgru Seal"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<hlds@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2008 8:25 AM
Subject: Re: [hlds] Team Fortress 2/Dedicated Server update released

I tend to agree. The only reason I was even aware of the box was through
this mailing list, and I read the update news. But I can tell you that most
gamers are just going to click past that tiny box without caring what was in
the box. They figure, "if its important I'll get the message again, but I
want to play a game right now!"

...And don't take that as an invitation to make that dialog box show up
everytime you open the browser either, in hopes someone will see it.

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 2:11 AM, Saint K. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It's not only silly and annoying, its just plain stupid. I've asked people
> around if someone has actually read the box, I haven't been able to find
> one
> yet!
>
> VALVe, please, just accept for once you've made a mistake, a screw up.
> We'll
> forgive you, things like this can happen. But for god sakes, take that
> damn
> tab out of the server browser!
>
> Another effect of this tabs, which it looks like you haven't taken in
> account, is that all 'noob' players are on the internet tab. As with
> result
> you have mostly only servers now on that tab were idiots play who keep
> spamming and screaming shit, abusing bugs etc etc. And the default servers
> are mostly not really closely monitored by admins, so the abuse keeps
> going
> on 24/7. Good improvement on the game impression for new players! I'm sure
> they love playing in that kind of environment!
>
> Saint K.

Devgru Seal
- IT/Tech & PC Geek -
» June 1st: HL2:Episode 1 Release! «
» October 9th, 2007: The Orange Box Release! «
http://ecsa-clan.com - Team #ECSA