you dont need an account to run a server.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Brad Brownlee
  To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
  Sent: Monday, April 20, 2009 5:17 AM
  Subject: [hlds] Team Fortress Dedicated No Permissionsto run'tf'

  I get the no permissions to run 'tf' engine error

  I have two steam accounts. One of  gets this error and one does not. I would
  like to beable to run the dedicated server on my second account. I have
  re-installed the dedicated with the seconed account but get same error. I
  have re-installed Steam and get the same error. I have checked file
  permissions and get same error. All the other steam dedicated servers run
  fine with both accounts.

  Help Please.

  Thanks