We have released a beta update for Half-Life 1 engine based games (Half-Life,
Counter-Strike 1.6, Day of Defeat, etc). To grab this update run the
hldsupdatetool with "-beta hlbeta" on the command line. This update continues
on some exploit fixes we have already shipped within this beta.

Changes:
- Added sv_filetransfermaxsize cvar to limit the size of a file a server will
try to send to a client, by default 10mbytes.
- Prevented halflife.wad from being downloaded from a server (fixes server
hang/stall).

There is also a couple client side fixes, if you run your Steam client with
"-beta hlbeta" on its command line and run Half-Life games you will have some
fixes that prevent server redirection.

- Alfred