Hello,

I was investigating a report that CheckValve shows mangled information for
HLTV servers, and I discovered that HLTV returns two response packets to an
A2S_INFO query.  The first response is in the old GoldSrc format (with
header byte 0x6d) and the second response in the Source format (with header
byte 0x49).  I tested this on a few Windows-based HLTV proxies I found at
random online, and also on one which I just set up on Linux.  They
definitely all return two responses.

I'll adjust CheckValve to either ignore the first packet, or handle the old
GoldSrc response format.  But I'm curious, does anyone know why HLTV does
this?  My understanding was that the old GoldSrc response format had been
completely removed and everything was using the Source format now.

    Thanks!
    Dave

--
Dave Parker