I hosted a ten slot CS 1.6 server, a 20 slot TEamspeak server on
a p-2 350 w/256 megs of ram running CentOS 3.3 without too much
trouble.  The larger maps would occasionally lag p the cs server.
 I would say 500 is a realistic mimimum.  Those machines as
dedicated servers will easily handle a 10-10 person Cs
server(depending on optional add-ons run).

Ruffneck wrote:
Hi all,

Coule someone tell me what the mininum system requirements are to run a
dedicated linux CS server ?

Here at work they are migrating the old servers to new ones, and so it
happens that this friday I will have 7 x Pentium 3 866 Mhz with 1024 MB
RAM running Redhat at my disposal :)

They are all located in our colocation suite behind 100 Mbit bandwidth.

My boss gave me the green light to host gameservers on them, cause he's a
fanatic gamer himself :)

But I was wondering if the machines are "strong" enough to run
Counter-Strike on it, so I hope anyone can tell me more about the specs a
servers needs to have.

Thanks in advance,

Marcel

ps. I was planning on running 1 CS server on each machine.

--
http://www.geforce.nl

-- My "Foundation" verse: Isa 54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

-- carpe ductum -- "Grab the tape"