AFter removing all the hlds base files execpt for my custom maps
the error has now changed I am not specifying a pidfile in my
startup arguments..so why is hlds putting it in there?

CRASH: Thu Dec 30 22:27:20 EST 2004
Start Line: ./hlds_i686 -game cstrike -debug +ip 192.168.0.201
+port 27015 +maxplayers 11 -autoupdate +map cs_tiki -steamuser
******* -steampass ****** -pidfile hlds.7474.pid
End of crash report
CRASH: Fri Dec 31 09:05:23 EST 2004
Start Line: ./hlds_i686 -game cstrike -debug +ip 192.168.0.201
+port 27015 +maxplayers 11 -autoupdate +map cs_tiki -steamuser
******* -steampass ******* -pidfile hlds.7474.pid
End of crash report

William Warren wrote:

My hlds server randomly crashes.  to reiterate this is a p-4 1.4
ghz with 384 megs of pc-800.  250 plus is free at all times.  I
finally was able to capture this folowing error:
./hlds_run: line 423:  5450 Segmentation fault      $HL_CMD

any ideas?

--
My "Foundation" verse:
Isa 54:17  No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper;

-- carpe ductum -- "Grab the tape"
CDTT (Certified Duct Tape Technician)