have you considered working with steambans.com??

wArgOd wrote:
cross posting to hlds_linux for interested linux admins not monitoring
hlds....

------------------------

FYI "http://www.theradianteye.com/p00pernickel_steamid.htm"; is a bad
link. i don't know where that came from. theradianteye.com is one of my
web properties.

However.....
I will combine your "850 list" and add the set of steamid's  culled from
the log analysis that nabbed a bunch of myg0ts and other newly detected
cheaters and will update my list at
http://www.theradianteye.com/banned_user.txt (mirrored at
http://70.85.25.116/banned_user.txt) later today.
I will create a dedicated page for this showing the date/time of last
update.

In the near future I will host a web service for on-demand pulls and
subscriber notification services.

another project i am working on is a public near-real-time log parsing
web services that will accept logging from CSS servers and return
updated ban lists.
I have a ways to go on this one because the hueristics need time to
learn and lower the margin of error to a reasonable level .

Another component of this effort is a remote server admin system
deployed as web pages for both standard browsers and windows mobile
smart  phone users.
(the smart phone thing will allow you to look busy in those snoozer
meetings while you admin your servers. a must have... lol...)

Mikee wrote:

Another update. I took the bans from this Steam Forums post
http://tinyurl.com/6f9er and also the bans I had at my three servers, in
addition to those that various players gave to me that I trust.

I then added those from several admins who have contacted me from this
HLDS
Server Email list, and from these two additional sites which I believe
are
also reliable:

http://www.theradianteye.com/p00pernickel_steamid.htm
http://tinyurl.com/3qoqo

I manually took out any duplicates, and updated my banned_users.cfg
file so
it now has 850 bans. This is being shared with as many server admins as
possible, and more are being added all the time. I started today with 350
bans.

Get the ban list of 850 Steam ID's here:
http://www.kain-9.com/server/banned_user.cfg and let me know if you
know of
more legitimate bans.  This problem is still not fixed by Valve for HL2,
although there was a plugin that was independently developed which
seems to
have resolved my servers crashing so far.  In any case, the more players
realize they will be permanently banned by a large network of server
admins,
the more effective we will be on our own.

This is probably the most intelligent use of this HLDS list that I can
think
of.

-- Computer Housecalls, Networks, Security, Web Design: http://www.emmanuelcomputerconsulting.com My "Foundation" verse: Isa 54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

-- carpe ductum -- "Grab the tape"
CDTT (Certified Duct Tape Technician)

Linux user #322099
Machines: