I'm not sure if it affected the performance in-game, but the FPS seemed
somewhat stable.  It did affect the rest of the processes on the machine,
however.  Doing almost anything else becomes close to impossible with one
process pegged at 99%.

Ok, I guess the issues aint the same.. my loadspike have no impact on
anything, ssh to the server is as stable as always and nothing is slowed
down. Besides making my monitoing and alerting useless/worthless the
loadspikes ever 110min isnt hurting anything.

./Thomas @ www.DSRack.dk