You are missing the point. Clock drift is not just "the time is wrong".
The "clock" is just a timing mechanism for the kernel, and when this is
changed drastically (1 second) it can do all sorts of weird things, in
your case locking up some resource/clock-intensive software (a
high-tickrate CSS server).

Just because an application freezes doesn't mean it's the application
with the problem. There is more to an operating system than point and click.

Shane Arnold            -       clontar...@iinet.net.au

"For want of a nail, the horseshoe was lost. For want of a horseshoe, the horse
was lost. For want of a horse, the messenger was lost. For want of a messenger,
the message was not delivered. For want of an undelivered message the war was
lost."