I have the same problem, debian 64 its software related problem. My hardware was tested one week under load, memtest, harddisk test.
Ok. Since the last MAJOR update (protocol 47 to protocol 48) (a year and a
half has passed since then), I'm constantly getting these kind of errors:

./hlds_run: line 321: 8644 Segmentation fault $HL_CMD

I've read 1/2 the internet to find a solution AND nothing!!!

Using: slackware 13.0, 32 bit, latest build (tried even 5006 build). Tested
it with/without amx/metamod, always the same error. Come on now. Is it that
complicated to fix this error? How come i didn't get any of these, while the
servers were still running @ 47 protocol.