I'm hosting many tf2 servers and lately we are getting a lot of denial of services...

basically we got our machservers spammed with query requests till the point they time out (the machine is running properly, it's just the gameserver slowly dieing)

an effective way to stop this kind of behaviour is:
http://www.vanillatf2.org/2011/01/fighting-dos-attacks/

but that cannot be handled properly on boxes as busy as ours...

basically with just little effort anybody is able to take down a single gameserver spamming it with query requests :(

What can we do to stop that?
Is there a decent plugin/official fix to get rid of this problem instead of doing packet inspection via iptables on boxes handling 10000+ packets/second?