You could always use this work around until Valve finally decides to
get their act together:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=146644

It's a simple MM:S plugin that redirects the location to where
minidumps are sent. It's only really supported on Linux as Windows
still has no symbols, and had issues uploading dumps iirc. The cool
thing about it is you can view the stack online, which is protected by
logging in with your own Steam account (You have to set the cvar, of
course).

Hopefully this helped at least someone,
Kyle.