We looked at this a while back. There are master servers running on all three.
Can you ping and traceroute to the host? Can anyone else confirm that one of
the master servers is not functioning?

-----Original Message-----
From: hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of Eric Riemers
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2011 6:06 AM
To: 'Half-Life dedicated Linux server mailing list'
Subject: [hlds_linux] master server source 1 is down.

Milton,

I mailed this before on the list but nothing has changed since.

lethal@binkey:~/public_html/admin$ host hl2master.steampowered.com
hl2master.steampowered.com      A       72.165.61.153
hl2master.steampowered.com      A       63.234.149.83
hl2master.steampowered.com      A       63.234.149.90

The first entry 72.165.61.153 is as far as I can see not working. Has been
for some time, it would be wiser to remove it or fix it to cut down on
retry's and such.

(and I actually prefer to use dns names instead of ip's)

Thanks in advance,
        Eric