Yes, because mp32 is not broken enough in TF2. The game is designed for 24
players and mp32 is enough blasphemy. I've seen ONE server where this works
(no idea if it is intentional) and that's ICS:s "peliburkki" custom server
with mp30 and HUGE custom payload maps. Brilliant fun. Valve maps are
designed for UP TO 24 but have smaller amounts of players in mind. This is
why 32 players is such a boring stale/spam-fest on stock maps and a hideous
crime towards what is to be considered "pleasant and ethical tf2 gameplay".

One could (and should) see the server operators running mp32 servers on
stock maps as trying to undermine and destroy the fine game of Teamfortress
on purpose, hence, the EVIL ENEMY :)

-The G