The quality of the new steam voice codec is better than the old one
(slightly), but like it's reported many times in this thread the new codec
doesn't allow someone to talk, stop, talk in a short period of time, and
even more irritating - the sound will just up and cut out mid talking on
some people.

We switched back to sv_use_steam_voice 0 and it's been 100% fine since then.