Yeah I don't ever figure this kind of stuff is easy at all, and every time
I try to explain the "problems" with the steam voice codec I just have my
connection/server connection called into question. It does seem to be an
actual problem though, which is why I was wondering how easily these voice
codecs can be moved around from source game to source game.