From: hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of
HyperionGaming.org Admin
Sent: dinsdag 21 augustus 2012 23:40
To: Half-Life dedicated Linux server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] Mandatory TF2 update released

It's nice to dream about exclusive hats, but as many have previously said,
it won't happen. There aren't a lot of good multiplayer games that have
dedicated servers support with this level of flexibility and freedom these
days. Valve is great in that regard. If I had one wish after this
weekend's incident, it would be maybe having a bit more communication from
Valve and some pre-release builds. They could tell us (like they do now)
about a big update coming soon, and release a preview build for us to test
on our servers a day or two ahead of public release. They wouldn't have to
do this for every single update, just for the major ones. I'm sure a lot
of people on this list will gladly test these updates and report potential
issues and problems. Then again, I'm not a programmer, so maybe what I'm
saying isn't practical/possible.

On topic, it seems that this morning's update did fix the crashes. I
haven't had any problems so far.
Thanks Valve.

P.

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 1:17 PM, Michael Ojeda <mojed...@gmail.com> wrote: