when you have fat pipes (1gbit or 10gbit uplinks) people need fatpipes
too to spooffrom and take you down...

but, IIRC, that well knonw .EU isp that allows spoofing let people do
that only on the 100mbit network no on the gbit network.

Therefore here comes the amplification (mostly DNS (udp 53) and chargen
(UDP 19) ).... reporting those amplifiers (open resolvers) is very
important;)